Your cart is empty.
Building Access Control Systems: How Technology is Transforming Security
What Are Building Access Control Systems?
Building access control systems consist of security measures that are put in place to control who has access to the premises. There are many different types of building access control systems, and each has its own advantages and disadvantages. The type of building access control system that is right for an organization will depend on the specific needs of the organization’s building. At Monarch, we’re here to help implement building access control systems to keep organizations and businesses safe and secure from crime, violence, and other threats.
What Are The Benefits of Building Access Control Systems?
There are many benefits to having an access control system in place, including:
- Deterring Crime: Building access control systems makes it more difficult for criminals to enter a facility as they require some form of identification, such as a key card or fingerprint, to gain entry. This acts as a deterrent and can help to reduce the incidence of crime.
- Improving Security: Building access control systems help to improve security as they allow you to track and monitor who is entering and exiting the building. This information can be used to improve security procedures and identify any potential security risks.
- Enhancing Safety: Building access control systems can also help to enhance safety as it allows you to restrict access to certain areas of the premises. This ensures that valuable product or assets are kept safe.
Verkada Security Systems
Verkada devices stand out from the rest because they provide an advanced AI-driven security environment. Consider the following features that make cloud-based devices of Verkada include:
Simple to Use
- Solid-state Storage (SSD): No NVR, DVR, or server is required. This means you pay for what you use – and that’s all. This reduces any extra overhead operations and the associated expenses.
- Regular, Automatic Software Updates: No need to worry about if your devices are working properly or are up-to-date with our Verkada devices.
- Simple Plug-and-Play Install: Just a standard Ethernet cable is required for the cameras to be brought online and fully operational within minutes.
- Accessible Anywhere, Anytime: Access archived or live feed videos on any device or browser
- Unlimited Storage on Camera and Cloud: Reduce your organizations’ liability risk with unlimited cloud archiving offered by Verkada cameras.
- Unlimited Users Allowed: You can easily authorize admins access to an unlimited number of users.
- Infinitely Scalable: No matter how large the facility is, we can help you keep everyone on the same page.
- AI-Based Video Analytics: Face detection, person of interest detection, and license plate detection are all available.
- Live Alerts: Receive instant alerts in any meaningful event
- Shareable Live Feeds: Share your live feed via SMS. This is useful as you can send it to first responders in case of an emergency for dramatically reduced response time.
- 10-Year Warranty: Rest assured that your money is well protected
Verkada Building Access Control Systems
Building access control systems allow businesses and organizations to determine who can enter and access certain areas of the facility. Moreover, building access control systems also keep unauthorized personnel away thereby keeping your organization safe. Lastly, building access control systems enable employees to move around quickly to maximize efficiency via advanced door readers with keycards.
There are many ways to control access to a business or organization. Monarch can help you determine what devices you’d like for your building access control system.
Building Access Control Systems: Verkada’s AC41 Door Controller
With Verkada’s AC41 Door Controller, clients may bring plug-and-play ease to managing doors and access throughout their facility. In other words, as soon as you install the AC41 Door Controller, it is ready to use within minutes. Our Access Controller can easily integrate with any existing door hardware and readers.
With our Command platform, you can easily manage your doors once they are connected to the network. On the Command platform, you can effortlessly manage building access, scheduling, and users. You also save time adding users on the platform since employees are seamlessly configured, onboarded, and offboarded. This is because of the integration with active directory platforms.
Additionally, you can easily connect your door controller with your cameras using Verkada Command to provide real-time video analytics on access-related events. Thus, you are able to not only view what is happening at your organizations’ points of entry, but also take proactive action for any significant occurrences. The door controller, then, is an essential for building access control systems.
Building Access Control Systems: Verkada’s AD32 Door Reader
The AD32 Door Reader is yet another device that allows you to control access to your facility’s entry points. This door reader supports low and high frequency card formats as well as mobile devices that have the Verkada Pass app. Furthermore, the AD32 Door Reader comes in two different options: the Mullion Mount Plate and the Single Gang Mount Plate. Both options allow for customized installs.
The Single Gang Mount Plate is a common card reader format that can replace existing reader mounts or be used on traditional installations. The thinner Mullion form factor has a sleek design and can be used in smaller spaces such as door frames.Verkada Access Control
Building Access Control Systems: Verkada’s Wireless Locks
A card reader door lock is a lock and access control system all in one. It has a device for reading credentials, a handle, and a lock cylinder on the outside of the door. This type of door lock utilizes an electronic locking system instead of traditional keys to grant entry to people who have the necessary credentials.
Essentially, Verkada’s door lock works by using the electronic card reader to verify the identity of the person trying to enter the premises. If the person’s identity is verified, the door will unlock and allow them to enter. If the person’s identity cannot be verified, the door will remain locked and they will not be able to enter. Overall, a card reader door lock is designed to regulate access to buildings through the simple use of credential authentication.
Building Access Control Systems: Key Features
With Verkada devices, security is made easy! Consider the following key features of Verkada’s devices for building access control systems:
- Seamless Video Integration and Analytics
- Infinite Scalability
- Cloud-Based Software and Management
- Integrate the Access Controller with Any Existing Cards and Readers
- 10-year Warranty on Hardware
- Verkada’s Pass App: Touchless Access Capability with Bluetooth
The Uses of Building Access Control Systems
You can feel secure knowing staff, clients, and/or students are safe with building access control systems. Consider the following benefits of implementing a building access control system:
Insight on Building Access Activity
- Building access control systems handle visitor credentials and ensures that visitors like maintenance only have access to specific areas.
- Building access control systems allow the admin to control who can enter and access certain areas of the facility.
- Access control safety door locks deter potential crime by allowing only those with authorized credentials to unlock the door, especially at night and on weekends when the school is closed.
- Building access control systems are also crucial for identifying intrusions when they do happen. You can filter for door events like tailgating, holding the door open, forcing the door open, and people of interest.
- Safeguard important equipment with building access control systems. Only authorized individuals will be able to gain entry into these areas by using access controlled door locks. Prevent vandalism and theft with this measure.
Building Access Control Systems: Managing Access Credentials
So, how do the Verkada devices for building access control systems work? You can manage access control on the Verkada Command platform which is where you can monitor all of your devices. There are many different features that you may use to secure access control across the facility.
First, you can specify the user groups or access levels of the facility on Verkada Command. Then, you can design badge templates for each user group or access level. Next, you can print the badges and issue credentials either in bulk or individually. Finally, you can maintain the users and permissions up to date in real time.
What else can be done on Verkada Command to manage access control? Consider the following features:
- Synchronize Profiles: Synchronize users from SSO systems such as Okta and Azure Active Directory, and natively capture access levels and groups.
- Provisioning with a Single Click: With a single click, employees or students can be issued bluetooth credentials or a physical ID card.
- Log of Badge Events: On Verkada Command, access a log of badge events to ensure that only authorized individuals have access to secure areas.
- Secure De-provisioning: Instantly and automatically deprovision users from all systems and access points.
- Unlock Doors from Anywhere, Anytime: Users can remotely unlock authorized doors using either the Verkada Pass and Command Mobile apps
- One-Tap Instant Lockdown: Create custom Lockdown scenarios that can be activated with a single tap to immediately secure buildings in the event of an emergency.
Why Choose Verkada for Building Access Control Systems?
(1) Easy Install and Use
Verkada offers an integrated security platform that can protect your business or school from different forms of threats. Our devices are easy to install, use, and maintain. All of our products have a plug-and-play design meaning that our devices are online within minutes of installation without any configurations on your part. Moreover, you can easily access any security device of your organization from any browser or device of yours. Lastly, our products are designed to have automatic security and software updates in order to reduce maintenance overhead.
(2) Guaranteed Scalability
The security systems offered by Verkada do not depend on servers or networks. Thus, we are able to guarantee centralized device management. In other words, you can manage all of your devices on one single cloud-managed platform. This is useful if you often find yourself occupied with your business and don’t want to keep track of too many devices. Moreover, our security systems have unlimited cloud archiving, making it simple to store and organize critical footage.
(3) Secure from the Beginning
All devices from Verkada are secure by default. Our security systems have end-to-end encryption. In other words, only authorized, inbound connections are accepted and able to access data. Moreover, our security systems offer role-based access. This means administrations are able to configure the levels of user permissions. Lastly, you can view the usage of systems to ensure compliance and internal control with the audit logs that our systems offer.
At Monarch, we’re here to help construct building access control systems that work for our clients and their security needs!Explore Verkada Access Control Updated: Nov 14