Your cart is empty.
The Benefits of Cloud-Based Access Control for Your Organization
In recent years, there has been a shift from traditional on-premises access control systems to cloud-based access control systems. Cloud-based access control systems offer a number of advantages over traditional on-premises systems. A cloud-based access control system can be more easily scaled to meet the changing needs of a business. It can also provide real-time data and analytics that can help businesses to make better decisions about their security.
Overall, cloud-based control offers many benefits including lower upfront costs, easier scalability, and increased flexibility. Learn more about the benefits and how you can implement cloud based access control in your organization below.
What is Cloud-Based Access Control?
Cloud-based access control is a system that makes it possible for users to control and enter a building using cloud-connected devices and applications. In other words, facility managers are able to manage credentials (e.g., who has access to what areas of the building) on web browser or a web-based application. This makes it easy for managers to control access to a building.
Furthermore, individuals can gain access to a building with a keycard or smartphone app if they have the proper credentials. If they do not have the appropriate credentials or their identity is not recognized, then they will not gain access to the building. Overall, cloud-based access control makes it easier to deter intruders.
What are the Advantages of Cloud-Based Access Control over Traditional Access Control?
In today’s business world, more and more organizations are moving to cloud-based access control systems for a variety of reasons. Here are just a few of the advantages that cloud-based access control has over traditional access control:
- Cost: One of the biggest advantages of cloud-based access control is the cost savings. There is no need to purchase and maintain expensive hardware on-site, and you can often get by with a less expensive internet connection than you would need for a traditional system.
- Scalability: Cloud-based access control systems are very scalable, meaning they can easily be expanded as your business grows. You can add new users, doors, and other features without having to replace your entire system.
- Flexibility: Cloud-based access control also offers a great deal of flexibility. You can choose to have all manage access credentials by roles. Or, you can manage access credentials by the individual.
Cloud-Based Access Control: What is Role-Based Access Control?
Role-based access control (RBAC) is rapidly becoming the most prevalent form of access control. Instead of assigning permissions to individual users, as with a MAC system, an RBAC system assigns permissions to a particular job title. The process of adding or removing users is streamlined.
You wouldn’t have to make 25 separate security profiles in the system if, say, you have 20 salespeople, 2 managers, and 3 accountants. You would only need to develop three, one for each distinct job title. Just update an employee’s credentials to reflect their new position when they’re promoted.
Cloud-Based Access Control: Verkada for Property Safety
Here at Monarch, we will work with you to design security solutions with cloud-based access control for your organization. Together, we will design, implement, and oversee a security infrastructure that places equal emphasis on safety and convenience.
Verkada offers a wide range of security products, including cameras, access control, intrusion
sensors and professional monitoring. All Verkada devices integrate with each other and are managed from a single cloud dashboard. Consider the following features of all Verkada devices:
Simple to Use
- Solid-state Storage (SSD): No NVR, DVR, or server is required. This means you pay for what you use – and that’s all. This reduces any extra overhead operations and the associated expenses,
- Regular, Automatic Software Updates: No need to worry about if your devices are working properly or are up-to-date with our Verkada devices.
- Simple Plug-and-Play Install: Just a standard Ethernet cable is required for the cameras to be brought online and fully operational within minutes.
- Accessible Anywhere, Anytime: Access archived or live feed videos on any device or browser
- Unlimited Storage on Camera and Cloud: Reduce your organizations’ liability risk with unlimited cloud archiving offered by Verkada cameras.
- Unlimited Users Allowed: You can easily authorize admins access to an unlimited number of users.
- Infinitely Scalable: No matter how large the facility is, we can help you keep everyone on the same page.
- AI-Based Video Analytics: Face detection, person of interest detection, and license plate detection are all available.
- Live Alerts: Receive instant alerts in any meaningful event
- Shareable Live Feeds: Share your live feed via SMS. This is useful as you can send it to first responders in case of an emergency for dramatically reduced response time.
- 10-Year Warranty: Rest assured that your money is well protected
Cloud-Based Access Control: Verkada’s AC41 Door Controller
With Verkada’s AC41 Door Controller, clients may bring plug-and-play ease to managing doors and access throughout their facility. In other words, as soon as you install the AC41 Door Controller, it is ready to use within minutes. Our Access Controller can easily integrate with any existing door hardware and readers.
With our Command platform, you can easily manage your doors once they are connected to the network. On the Command platform, you can effortlessly manage building access, scheduling, and users. You also save time adding users on the platform since employees are seamlessly configured, onboarded, and offboarded. This is because of the integration with active directory platforms.
Additionally, you can easily connect your door controller with your cameras using Verkada Command to provide real-time video analytics on access-related events. Thus, you are able to not only view what is happening at your organizations’ points of entry, but also take proactive action for any significant occurrences. The door controller, then, is an essential cloud-based access control device.
Cloud-Based Access Control: Verkada’s AD32 Door Reader
The AD32 Door Reader is yet another device that allows you to control access to your facility’s entry points. This door reader supports low and high frequency card formats as well as mobile devices that have the Verkada Pass app. Furthermore, the AD32 Door Reader comes in two different options: the Mullion Mount Plate and the Single Gang Mount Plate. Both options allow for customized installs.
The Single Gang Mount Plate is a common card reader format that can replace existing reader mounts or be used on traditional installations. The thinner Mullion form factor has a sleek design and can be used in smaller spaces such as door frames.Verkada Access Control
Cloud-Based Access Control: Verkada’s Wireless Locks
A card reader door lock is a lock and access control system all in one. It has a device for reading credentials, a handle, and a lock cylinder on the outside of the door. This type of door lock utilizes an electronic locking system instead of traditional keys to grant entry to people who have the necessary credentials.
Essentially, Verkada’s door lock works by using the electronic card reader to verify the identity of the person trying to enter the premises. If the person’s identity is verified, the door will unlock and allow them to enter. If the person’s identity cannot be verified, the door will remain locked and they will not be able to enter. Overall, a card reader door lock is designed to regulate access to buildings through the simple use of credential authentication via cloud-based access control.
Cloud-Based Access Control for Organizations: Key Features
With Verkada devices, security is made easy! Consider the following key features of Verkada’s cloud-based access control:
- Seamless Video Integration and Analytics
- Infinite Scalability
- Cloud-Based Software and Management
- Integrate the Access Controller with Any Existing Cards and Readers
- 10-year Warranty on Hardware
- Verkada’s Pass App: Touchless Access Capability with Bluetooth
The Uses of Cloud-Based Access Control
You can feel secure knowing staff, clients, and/or students are safe with Verkada’s cloud-based access control. Consider the following benefits of implementing access control technologies at your organization:
Insight on Building Access Activity
- Our access control technologies handle visitor credentials and ensures that visitors like maintenance only have access to specific areas.
- Different types of access control allow the admin to control who can enter and access certain areas of the facility.
- Access control safety door locks deter potential crime by allowing only those with authorized credentials to unlock the door, especially at night and on weekends when the school is closed.
- Different types of access control are also crucial for identifying intrusions when they do happen. You can filter for door events like tailgating, holding the door open, forcing the door open, and people of interest.
- Safeguard important equipment with different types of access control. Only authorized individuals will be able to gain entry into these areas by using access controlled door locks. Prevent vandalism and theft with this measure.
Cloud-Based Access Control: Managing Access Credentials
So, how does Verkada’s cloud-based access control work? You can manage access control on the Verkada Command platform which is where you can monitor all of your devices. There are many different features that you may use to secure access control across the facility.
First, you can specify the user groups or access levels of the facility on Verkada Command. Then, you can design badge templates for each user group or access level. Next, you can print the badges and issue credentials either in bulk or individually. Finally, you can maintain the users and permissions up to date in real time.
What else can be done on Verkada Command to manage access control? Consider the following features:
- Synchronize Profiles: Synchronize users from SSO systems such as Okta and Azure Active Directory, and natively capture access levels and groups.
- Provisioning with a Single Click: With a single click, employees or students can be issued bluetooth credentials or a physical ID card.
- Log of Badge Events: On Verkada Command, access a log of badge events to ensure that only authorized individuals have access to secure areas.
- Secure De-provisioning: Instantly and automatically deprovision users from all systems and access points.
- Unlock Doors from Anywhere, Anytime: Users can remotely unlock authorized doors using either the Verkada Pass and Command Mobile apps
- One-Tap Instant Lockdown: Create custom Lockdown scenarios that can be activated with a single tap to immediately secure buildings in the event of an emergency.
Cloud-Based Access Control: Safety First
All in all, access control is a vital part of any security system. There are many different types of access control, each with its own advantages. It is important to choose the cloud-based access control system that best suits your needs. If you’re unsure which type to choose, you can always contact a security professional here at Monarch.
[a class=”btn btn-primary btn-block” text=”Learn More” href=”/shopUpdated: Nov 18