K-12 schools benefits in a variety of ways from security camera systems:
Deter bullying and violence among students
Deter trespassers and vandals
Gather evidence in the event of an incident with high resolution footage
Protect students and faculty from inside and outside threats
Pair with other solutions to create a robust security system
Despite these benefits, school security cameras have a strong stigma due to legal stipulations and privacy concerns. Most teachers and parents agree on the importance of security cameras in common areas like entrances, hallways, and parking lots. But the debate heats up when monitoring classrooms comes into question, even though it is legal.
Challenges like school shootings and COVID-19 social distancing rules have forced schools to adapt to a new kind of learning environment – one that heavily relies on heightened security protocols and video cameras in schools.
Unlike traditional CCTV camera systems, Verkada cameras to so much more than just record and retain video footage. These IP cameras are made with cutting-edge AI technology and have the best machine learning capabilities on the market. This helps school administrators to make informed, big picture security decisions.
Specialized AI-driven features include:
- Unlimited cloud storage, allowing for 24/7 surveillance
- Easy access to archived or live feed videos on any browser or device
- Share live feeds via SMS to cut down on response time in event of emergency
- Instant alerts in any meaningful event caught on camera
- Bandwidth-friendly, high quality imaging
- Facial/object/vehicle recognition and search features
- License Plate Recognition to monitor vehicular events
- Overcrowding Notifications to manage occupancy issues
- AI-derived analytics, providing insights to trends and patterns in the school
- Easy installation and scaling
- Single Ethernet cable to operate
- Built-in Solid State Storage – no NVR or DVR needed
Verkada security cameras work together with other Verkada solutions to provide robust and trustworthy security protocols for the entire campus. Monarch’s “Connected Schools” promote increased safety for students and faculty, and peace of mind for school administrators.