Your cart is empty.
Wide Angle Security Camera
Introduction: A Need for Wide Angle Security Cameras
With such a variety of options available, it can feel overwhelming choosing the right security cameras for your business, facility, or organization. However, by identifying the most important features you’d like in security cameras, you can narrow down your options. One of the most important features to keep in mind is the cameras’ field of view. Most security cameras have a narrow field of view, which is great for catching close-up details but not so great for getting a broader picture of what’s going on. That’s where wide angle security cameras come in.
Wide angle security cameras have a much wider field of view, allowing you to see more of what’s going on around the camera. This can be especially useful for monitoring large areas. In this article, we will detail the benefits and uses of wide angle security cameras as well as how to use these cameras.
Benefits of Wide Angle Security Cameras
In recent years, wide angle security cameras have become increasingly popular among manufacturing facilities, businesses, schools, and other organizations. Wide angle security cameras offer a number of benefits over traditional security cameras.
First, wide angle security cameras provide a wider field of view than traditional security cameras. This allows them to capture more of the area around the camera, making them ideal for capturing activity in large rooms or outdoor areas. Second, wide angle security cameras can capture clear images even in low-light conditions due to its field of view. This is important because criminals often target facilities at night when it is difficult to see clearly. Finally, wide angle security cameras have a wider range of coverage which means they can capture images from farther away. Thus, they are the ideal all-purpose camera since they can capture so much.
Why Wide Angle Security Cameras Are Useful
Wide angle security cameras are useful in a variety of settings. They can be used to surveil large areas, such as parking lots or warehouses. Thus, business owners find this type of camera useful since they can monitor a building’s perimeter with a single camera. Additionally, since wide angle security cameras have such a large range of coverage, it reduces the number of cameras one needs, thereby saving one money.
Moreover, wide angle security cameras can also be used to monitor specific areas, such as entryways or exits. This is because wide angle security cameras can be used to see around corners. Overall, wide angle security cameras provide a clear view of an area and can be helpful in deterring crime.
How to Use Wide Angle Security Cameras
Having established that wide angle security cameras come with a number of benefits, we turn to some instructions on how to use them. Here are a few tips on how to use wide angle security cameras to your advantage:
- Place the camera in a strategic location: Wide angle security cameras can cover a lot of ground, so it’s important to place them in a location where they can get the best view possible. This might be near an entryway or exit, or in a common area where people tend to congregate.
- Angle the camera properly: In order to get the most out of your wide angle security camera, make sure it’s angled properly. You want to make sure the camera has a clear view of the area you’re trying to monitor, without any obstructions.
- Ensure you are in the right camera mode. Many wide angle security cameras, like that of Verkada, have different viewing modes. Select the one you prefer.
Verkada’s Wide Angle Security Cameras: The Fisheye Camera Overview
Verkada’s Fisheye Series uses a wide-angle 12MP image sensor and cutting-edge onboard processing to deliver dynamic viewing experiences. Three different viewing options are available to users: panoramic, four-way split, and pan-tilt-zoom.
The CF81-E Fisheye Camera has a vandal-proof design, an easy installation process, and an Ambarella chipset for advanced insights into people and vehicles. With the help of these insights, users can quickly filter people who have been detected based on a range of features, such as clothing color, gender appearance, facial matches, and the type and color of vehicles. Since all of the footage is processed directly on the camera, the results are almost always available.
All Verkada cameras come equipped with standard features like end-to-end encryption, onboard storage, and sophisticated motion-based insights, enabling businesses to expand their coverage and heighten situational awareness across a variety of locations with ease.Explore The CF81-E
Verkada Cameras’ Features
Installing a new camera system can feel daunting. Monarch is here to help make the process easier with Verkada cameras. Verkada cameras stand out from the rest because they provide an advanced, AI-driven security environment. Consider the following features that make all cloud-based devices of Verkada unique:
- Solid-state Storage (SSD): No NVR, DVR, or server is required. This means you only pay for what you use. Moreover, this reduces any extra overhead operations and the expenses they come with.
- Regular, Automatic Software Updates: No need to worry about if your devices are working properly or are up-to-date with our Verkada devices.
- Simple Plug-and-Play Install: Just a standard Ethernet cable is required for the cameras to be brought online and fully operational within minutes.
- Unlimited Storage on Camera and Cloud: Reduce your business’ liability risk with unlimited cloud archiving offered by Verkada cameras.
- Unlimited Users Allowed: You can easily authorize admins access to an unlimited number of userS.
- Accessible Anywhere, Anytime: Access archived or live feed videos on any device or browser
- Live Alerts: Receive instant alerts in any meaningful event
- Shareable Live Feeds: Share your live feed via SMS. This is useful as you can send it to first responders in case of an emergency for dramatically reduced response time.
- Infinitely Scalable: No matter how large your business is, we can help you keep everyone on the same page
- Floor Plan: See all activity at your building all at once.
- 10-Year Warranty: Rest assured that your money is well protected
The Verkada Fisheye Camera: Features
The CF81-E is ideal for all security needs and is rated for both indoor and outdoor use. Consider the following features that make the CF81-E one of the leading wide angle security cameras on the market.
- Image Resolution: 12MP
- Angle of View: 180°
- IR Range: 20M
- Ambarella Chipset for People and Vehicle Analytics
- Maximum of 90 Days of Standard Quality Retention
- Up to 2TB of Onboard Storage
- Onboard Microphone
- IK10 and IP67 Classed
- NDAA Compliant
- Three different view modes are available: Panoramic, Four–Way Split, Pan-Tilt–Zoom
The Verkada Fisheye Camera: Adaptive Viewing Modes
With the option to switch between circle, ePTZ, 2-view, 3-view, or 4-view modes on the CF81-E, you can do away with the need for multiple camera installations. You can also take advantage of features like digital pan-tilt-zoom to increase coverage and lessen blind spots.
Three new different view modes are supported by the CF81-E. You can customize the view mode to meet the requirements of the install location.
- 180° Panoramic: A wide-angle view that is ideal for an open area or a corridor.
- Four-way split: Use a single camera to watch four distinct fields of view.
- Pan-tilt-zoom (ePTZ): Provides a panoramic, all-encompassing view of your environment.
Panoramic is the first view mode. The camera will have a 180° horizontal field of view in this mode. The camera can be tilted to adjust the fields of view to your preferences.
Four-Way Split is the second mode. You can monitor four distinct areas all at the same time using the Four-Way Split mode. It’s especially useful for monitoring an outdoor corner, a hallway intersection, or when replacing multiple cameras with one. Site administrators can adjust the Four-Way Split’s angles to better suit their needs and maximize the fields of view.
Pan-Tilt-Zoom (PTZ) is the third mode, and it is adaptable. You can choose to display the video feed in Pan-Tilt-Zoom as a 360° view, a tiles view with various angles, or by using your digital PTZ functionality to pan, tilt, and zoom around the image.
|180° Panoramic||Four-way Split||Pan-Tilt-Zoom|
Verkada Fisheye Camera
Overall, the CF81-E can capture 12MP images with IK10 and IP67 ratings and provide potent AI-driven insights in challenging environments. It is the perfect all-purpose camera for a business, warehouse, school, or any other organization. Learn more here.Updated: Oct 19