Your cart is empty.
Access Control Console
Monarch recognizes that each business, school, and university has its own set of issues, goals, and limits. After all, each facility has a unique design, setting, population, and other site-specific issues that call for varied degrees of flexibility and complexity to meet their particular demands. At Monarch, we will collaborate with you to build, deploy, and maintain an integrated security system with an access control console. With our help at Monarch, you’ll be able to concentrate on what really matters: creating a safe and secure environment for staff, clients, or students.
Building a Security System with a Verkada Access Control Console
According to the Unified Crime Report by the FBI, businesses that lack a comprehensive security system are 4.5x more likely to be targets of theft and burglary. In fact, the report found that if an alarm is present at the business, then about 60% of burglars sought out an alternative target. If you are a business owner, then you should take the appropriate measures to protect your business against property crimes.
It is critical to address the most significant issues faced by businesses and schools such as unlawful entrance, vandalism, and shootings while developing an access control system. But there should also be security measures in place guarding against common problems like theft and physical altercations. At Monarch, we’re here to help you build a security system with an access control console that is the best fit for your facility.Verkada Access Control
Access Control Console
An access control console allows businesses and schools to determine who can enter and access certain areas of the facility. Regardless of whether you are a business owner or a school faculty member, it is likely you have experience with crowd control and visitors. Access control can make your job easier by reducing your responsibilities.
Additionally, a access control console for organizations also keeps unauthorized personnel away thereby keeping your organization safe. Furthermore, an access control console enables employees to move around quickly to maximize efficiency with keycards.
There are many ways to control access to a school, college, or business. Monarch can help you determine which approaches you’d like to employ for your access control.
Access Control Console: Verkada’s AC41 Door Controller
With Verkada’s AC41 Door Controller, clients may bring plug-and-play ease to managing doors and access throughout their facility. In other words, as soon as you install the AC41 Door Controller, it is ready to use within minutes. Our Access Controller can easily integrate with any existing door hardware and readers.
With our Command platform, you can easily manage your doors once they are connected to the network. On the Command platform, you can effortlessly manage building access, scheduling, and users. You also save time adding users on the platform since employees are seamlessly configured, onboarded, and offboarded. This is because of the integration with active directory platforms.
Additionally, you can easily connect your Access Controller with your cameras using Verkada Command to provide real-time video analytics on access-related events. Thus, you are able to not only view what is happening at your organizations’ points of entry, but also take proactive action for any significant occurrences. The door controller, then, is an essential for your access control console.
Access Control Console: Verkada’s AD32 Door Reader
The AD32 Door Reader is yet another device that allows you to control access to your facility’s entry points. This door reader supports low and high frequency card formats as well as mobile devices that have the Verkada Pass app. Furthermore, the AD32 Door Reader comes in two different options: the Mullion Mount Plate and the Single Gang Mount Plate. Both options allow for customized installs.
The Single Gang Mount Plate is a common card reader format that can replace existing reader mounts or be used on traditional installations. The thinner Mullion form factor has a sleek design and can be used in smaller spaces such as door frames.Verkada Access Control
Access Control for Organizations: Key Features
With Verkada devices, security is made easy! Consider the following key features of Verkada’s access control:
- Seamless Video Integration and Analytics
- Infinite Scalability
- Cloud-Based Software and Management
- Integrate the Access Controller with Any Existing Cards and Readers
- 10-year Warranty on Hardware
- Verkada’s Pass App: Touchless Access Capability with Bluetooth
The Uses of An Access Control Console
As a business owner or an administrator at your school or college, you can feel secure knowing staff, clients, and/or students are safe with Verkada’s Access Control Console. Consider the following benefits of implementing access control at your organization:
Insight on Building Access Activity
- Our access control system handles visitor credentials and ensures that visitors like maintenance only have access to specific areas.
- Access control allows the admin to control who can enter and access certain areas of the facility.
- Access control safety door locks deter potential crime by allowing only those with authorized credentials to unlock the door, especially at night and on weekends when the school is closed.
- Access control is also crucial for identifying intrusions when they do happen. You can filter for door events like tailgating, holding the door open, forcing the door open, and people of interest.
- Safeguard important equipment with access control door locks. Only authorized individuals will be able to gain entry into these areas by using access controlled door locks. Prevent vandalism and theft with this measure.
Access Control Console: Verkada Aligns with School Regulations
You can rest assured that Verkada’s campus access control systems can be used with ease. Verkada meet the following guidelines for door locks in schools:
- without opening the door to set the lock, a teacher should be able to control the classroom door lock from the inside;
- emergency responders must be able to enter a classroom or office without having to obtain a credential for the school door lock systems
- the school door locks should be easy to use and accessible to everyone, including students with disabilities;
- door locks must adhere to all building and fire codes in order to comply with school safety regulations.
Verkada’s Access Control devices meet the above requirements while still providing a safe, secure environment for students, staff, and faculty.
Access Control Console: Managing Access Credentials
So, how does a Verkada access control console work? You can manage access control on the Verkada Command platform which is where you can access and monitor all of your devices. There are many different features that you may use to secure access control across the facility.
First, you can specify the user groups or access levels of the facility on Verkada Command. Then, you can design badge templates for each user group or access level. Next, you can print the badges and issue credentials either in bulk or individually. Finally, you can maintain the users and permissions up to date in real time.
What else can be done on Verkada Command to manage access control? Consider the following features:
- Synchronize Profiles: Synchronize users from SSO systems such as Okta and Azure Active Directory, and natively capture access levels and groups.
- Provisioning with a Single Click: With a single click, employees or students can be issued bluetooth credentials or a physical ID card.
- Log of Badge Events: On Verkada Command, access a log of badge events to ensure that only authorized individuals have access to secure areas.
- Secure De-provisioning: Instantly and automatically deprovision users from all systems and access points.
- Unlock Doors from Anywhere, Anytime: Users can remotely unlock authorized doors using either the Verkada Pass and Command Mobile apps
- One-Tap Instant Lockdown: Create custom Lockdown scenarios that can be activated with a single tap to immediately secure buildings in the event of an emergency.
Why Choose Verkada for Access Control Console?
(1) Easy Install and Use
Verkada offers an integrated security platform that can protect your business or school from different forms of threats. Our devices are easy to install, use, and maintain. All of our products have a plug-and-play design meaning that our devices are online within minutes of installation without any configurations on your part. Moreover, you can easily access any security device of your organization from any browser or device of yours. Lastly, our products are designed to have automatic security and software updates in order to reduce maintenance overhead.
(2) Guaranteed Scalability
The security systems offered by Verkada do not depend on servers or networks. Thus, we are able to guarantee centralized device management. In other words, you can manage all of your devices on one single cloud-managed platform. This is useful if you often find yourself occupied with your business and don’t want to keep track of too many devices. Moreover, our security systems have unlimited cloud archiving, making it simple to store and organize critical footage.
(3) Secure from the Beginning
All devices from Verkada are secure by default. Our security systems, including the access control consoles, have end-to-end encryption. In other words, only authorized, inbound connections are accepted and able to access data. Moreover, our security systems offer role-based access. This means administrations are able to configure the levels of user permissions. Lastly, you can view the usage of systems to ensure compliance and internal control with the audit logs that our systems offer.
At Monarch, we’re here to help you build a security system with an access control console that works for you and your organization.Explore Verkada Access Control Updated: Oct 17