Your cart is empty.
Door Access Control Systems: A New Wave of Smart Security
Door access control systems help business owners and facility managers protect their employees, customers, and physical assets. By controlling who can enter and exit a building, businesses and organizations can deter crime and prevent unauthorized access. There are many different types of door access control systems available, each with its own advantages. To choose the right door access control system for your business or organization, you will need to consider your specific security needs. At Monarch, we’re here to help you decide which door access control system suits your building best.
What Are The Benefits of Door Access Control Systems?
A door access control system is a great way to increase security around your business or organization. By controlling who has access to your doors, you can help keep intruders out and deter crime. In addition to increased security, door access control systems can also offer other benefits, like energy efficiency and convenience.
For example, by employing key cards on doors as opposed to keypad doors, employees can move around more quickly. This increases worker productivity. Furthermore, facility managers can grant visitors like maintenance workers their own key cards that work only for certain areas. This allows managers to conveniently control access.
Overall, for businesses, office buildings, or any other type of commercial property, a door access control system can be a valuable asset. Not only will it help keep your employees and customers safe, but it can also help prevent theft and vandalism while increasing productivity and convenience.
Door Access Control Systems: Verkada for Property Safety
Verkada offers a wide range of security products, including cameras, access control, intrusion sensors and professional monitoring. All Verkada devices integrate with each other and are managed from a single cloud dashboard. Consider the following features of all Verkada devices:
Simple to Use
- Solid-state Storage (SSD): No NVR, DVR, or server is required. This means you pay for what you use – and that’s all. This reduces any extra overhead operations and the associated expenses,
- Regular, Automatic Software Updates: No need to worry about if your devices are working properly or are up-to-date with our Verkada devices.
- Simple Plug-and-Play Install: Just a standard Ethernet cable is required for the cameras to be brought online and fully operational within minutes.
- Accessible Anywhere, Anytime: Access archived or live feed videos on any device or browser
- Unlimited Storage on Camera and Cloud: Reduce your organizations’ liability risk with unlimited cloud archiving offered by Verkada cameras.
- Unlimited Users Allowed: You can easily authorize admins access to an unlimited number of users.
- Infinitely Scalable: No matter how large the facility is, we can help you keep everyone on the same page.
- AI-Based Video Analytics: Face detection, person of interest detection, and license plate detection are all available.
- Live Alerts: Receive instant alerts in any meaningful event
- Shareable Live Feeds: Share your live feed via SMS. This is useful as you can send it to first responders in case of an emergency for dramatically reduced response time.
- 10-Year Warranty: Rest assured that your money is well protected
Door Access Control Systems: Verkada’s AC41 Door Controller
Customers can simplify door and access management with a simple plug-and-play setup of the AC41 Door Controller from Verkada. Once your doors are network-connected, you’ll have easy control over them using our Command platform. With the Command interface, controlling building access, scheduling, and users is simple. Employees can be easily configured, onboarded, and offboarded, saving you time when adding users to the platform. This is due to the fact that it works in tandem with other systems’ active directories.
Moreover, the Verkada Door Controller is compatible with virtually any type of door hardware and readers. In addition, Verkada Command facilitates the integration of your door controller and cameras so that you can perform real-time video analytics on access-related events. As a result, you can monitor the entry points to your organization and respond swiftly to any noteworthy events. Therefore, the door controller is a vital part of your door access control system.
Door Access Control Systems: Verkada’s AD32 Door Reader
The AD32 Door Reader is another tool for monitoring and managing access to your building. In addition to reading both low and high frequency card formats, this door reader is also compatible with smartphones running the Verkada Pass app. As an added bonus, the AD32 Door Reader is offered in not one but two different mounting plate configurations: the Mullion Mount Plate and the Single Gang Mount Plate. Installs can be tailored with either choice.
As a standard mounting plate for card readers, the Single Gang Mount Plate can be used in place of preexisting reader mounts or for more conventional installations. The sleeker Mullion form factor can be used in tighter quarters like door frames thanks to its reduced width.Verkada Access Control
Door Access Control Systems: Verkada’s Wireless Locks
Incorporating both a lock and an access control system, a card reader door lock is convenient and secure. On the exterior, you’ll find a card reader, a handle, and a lock cylinder. Access is granted to authorized individuals via an electronic locking system rather than conventional keys. As a result, it is a cutting-edge tool for security doors.
The Verkada door lock functions primarily by using the electronic card reader to verify the identity of the person attempting to enter the building. After confirming the visitor’s identity, the door will open. The door will remain locked and the person will not be allowed to enter if their identity cannot be confirmed. As a whole, a card reader door lock is made to control who can enter a building by means of a simple authentication process.
Door Access Control Systems for Organizations: Key Features
With Verkada devices, security is made easy! Consider the following key features of Verkada’s door access control systems:
- Seamless Video Integration and Analytics
- Infinite Scalability
- Cloud-Based Software and Management
- Integrate the Access Controller with Any Existing Cards and Readers
- 10-year Warranty on Hardware
- Verkada’s Pass App: Touchless Access Capability with Bluetooth
The Uses of Door Access Control Systems
You can feel secure knowing staff, clients, and/or students are safe with Verkada’s door access control systems. Consider the following benefits of implementing access control technologies at your organization:
Insight on Building Access Activity
- Our access control technologies handle visitor credentials and ensures that visitors like maintenance only have access to specific areas.
- Different types of access control allow the admin to control who can enter and access certain areas of the facility.
- Access control safety door locks deter potential crime by allowing only those with authorized credentials to unlock the door, especially at night and on weekends when the school is closed.
- Different types of access control are also crucial for identifying intrusions when they do happen. You can filter for door events like tailgating, holding the door open, forcing the door open, and people of interest.
- Safeguard important equipment with different types of access control. Only authorized individuals will be able to gain entry into these areas by using access controlled door locks. Prevent vandalism and theft with this measure.
Door Access Control Systems: Managing Access Credentials
So, how do Verkada door access control systems work? You can manage access control on the Verkada Command platform which is where you can monitor all of your devices. There are many different features that you may use to secure access control across the facility.
First, you can specify the user groups or access levels of the facility on Verkada Command. Then, you can design badge templates for each user group or access level. Next, you can print the badges and issue credentials either in bulk or individually. Finally, you can maintain the users and permissions up to date in real time.
What else can be done on Verkada Command to manage access control? Consider the following features:
- Synchronize Profiles: Synchronize users from SSO systems such as Okta and Azure Active Directory, and natively capture access levels and groups.
- Provisioning with a Single Click: With a single click, employees or students can be issued bluetooth credentials or a physical ID card.
- Log of Badge Events: On Verkada Command, access a log of badge events to ensure that only authorized individuals have access to secure areas.
- Secure De-provisioning: Instantly and automatically deprovision users from all systems and access points.
- Unlock Doors from Anywhere, Anytime: Users can remotely unlock authorized doors using either the Verkada Pass and Command Mobile apps
- One-Tap Instant Lockdown: Create custom Lockdown scenarios that can be activated with a single tap to immediately secure buildings in the event of an emergency.
Door Access Control Systems: Safety First
Access control is an essential component of any security system. Various door access control systems are available, and they all have their advantages. Door access control systems come in a variety of forms, and it’s crucial to pick the one that works best for you. If you need help deciding, a Monarch security expert is always available.Learn More Updated: Nov 18